Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Newsletter Copy Writing and other Newsletter topics.
One action-packed headline will draw readers into your newsletter, if you take the time and follow some simple guidelines. This is not a time to be cute and clever, but to tell your readers about your most important "news."
1. Always use present tense; active words
2. Use no more than seven to eight words
3. Short, easy-to-understand words work best
4. Be specific; if you have more to say, add a sub-head
5. Avoid any unncessary words (the, a, an, etc.)
6. Set your headline in big, bold type
7. And, be sure the information IS further explained in your lead article